Tanning – Sunbed Southsea
The modern way to tan should leave nothing to chance. The emphasis is on pleasurable enjoyment of tanning, but taking into account the differences of skin type. The positive effects of UV light on our bodies are well documented, but many of us are unaware of the important part that UV light rays play in our lives. There is little doubt that carefully controlled exposure to UV light is essential to our health- but also benefits us in other ways:
- Pre-holiday tanning greatly reduces the risk of burning, setting up the skin, allowing you to go into the sun sooner for longer.
- Post-holiday tanning prolongs your tan leaving you looking and feeling better all year round.
- Tanning promotes relaxation and reduces stress.
- UV light stimulates the production of Vitamin D3, essential in our bodies for bones to absorb calcium and prevent Osteoporosis.
- It counteracts the winter blues or the effects of S.A.D. (Seasonal Affective Disorder).
- Its proven by dermatologists to effectively treat skin conditions such as Acne, Psoriasis and Eczema.
- It also increases resistance to infection and viral diseases.
UV light is classified in wavelengths known as UVa, UVb, & UVc. Sunbed tubes contain a balance of UVa & UVb. The amount of A versus B combined with the wattage determines the strength of the tube.